Cytotec box

Cytotec Tablets

Generic Name: Misoprostol
Brands Names: Cytotec

Price Range: $1.79 – $1.93
Dosage: 200mcg / 100mcg

What is Cytotec?

Cytotec (Misoprostol) is a drug that was originally developed as a medicinal product to protect the cavity of the stomach and duodenum from excessively rapid reabsorption of the mucous protective layer. Cytotec stimulates the production of mucus and suppresses the synthesis of pepsin, which is the basis of gastric juice. The active ingredient in Cytotec is prostaglandin E1.

Cytotec is commonly prescribed for the treatment of gastrointestinal ulcers (both with bleeding and without). This drug can also be prescribed to terminate a pregnancy, but only if the timing allows for such a procedure and under the supervision of a doctor. Cytotec can also be prescribed for a previously incomplete medical abortion. For example, in instances when the egg did not entirely come out, or vaginal bleeding did not come.

When taking Cytotec for an abortion, the dosage is strictly selected by the doctor while taking into account the physiological state of the patient, age, and a number of pregnancies. Cytotec is dispensed as a single dose equal to 200 mcg (1 tablet via standard packing). The effects of Cytotec begin to take action within 30 minutes. Over the next 6 hours, a woman has stimulated contractions, and the cervix dilates. This process ends with a high amount of bleeding from the vagina, in which the egg leaves.

If total vaginal bleeding exceeds the use of two traditional gaskets, an ambulance should be called because this is abnormal. Alcohol should not be consumed while taking Cytotec because this can provoke more bleeding. An overdose with Cytotec does not cause any irreversible effects within the body. Cytotec should also not be consumed with antacid group drugs (reduces the bioavailability of prostaglandin).

Included in the instructions for Cytotec are known contraindications.

Cytotec should never be used in the following instances:

  • Pregnant
  • During lactation (breastfeeding)
  • To interrupt ectopic pregnancy

Cytotec should not be taken if patients are diagnosed with diseases/conditions affecting involving the following:

  • cardiovascular system
  • brain
  • tumors
  • inflammatory processes of the intestinal tract
  • liver

Use of Cytotec is contraindicated in minors as well as women who use a particular type of contraception (i.e., IUDs or rings).

Cytotec affects reaction rate. Therefore, at least 6 hours should pass after Cytotec before getting behind the wheel. Moreover, when taking Cytotec tablets for an abortion, in rare instances, this can be accompanied by the following side effects:

  • disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (diarrhea, nausea, flatulence)
  • disorders of the cardiovascular system
  • sharp weight fluctuations in the background of hormonal disorders
  • allergic reactions
  • menstrual irregularities
  • uterine bleeding
  • migraines, headaches, drowsiness, low blood pressure
  • threat of infertility

Symptomatic treatment may be required to eliminate the adverse effects of Cytotec. However, in most cases, unpleasant symptoms disappear on their own within 4-9 hours, which is explained by a gradual decrease in prostaglandin concentration.

In instances where an overdose occurs, a woman may experience the following symptoms:

  • Seizures
  • Low reaction speed
  • Hypotension
  • Epigastric pain
  • Tachycardia
  • Tremor

The total half-life of Cytotec is 18 hours. Approximately 90% of the active substance in Cytotec is excreted in feces and the other 10% within urine. Thus, it is necessary to take laxatives and diuretics to accelerate the withdrawal Cytotec from the body. Doctors recommend taking dill water after an abortion as well as tincture of hot pepper (sold in a drugstore in the form of drops). These actions will speed up the process of restoration of the uterus to the original state and optimize the menstrual cycle. It is not necessary to take vitamins after an abortion.

 

Cytotec reviews